Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, Headquarters
Official Job Description
The Receptionist of the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. The Receptionist will organize office communication and activities on a day-to-day basis. This individual’s primary responsibilities include handling incoming calls and visitors, while maintaining office common areas and facilitating meetings.
The ideal candidate should have an interest in education. Responsibilities within the company will be added to this entry level position with continued experience and growth.
Must be reliable, punctual, organized, and have demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in a very busy office. Excellent interpersonal skills, pleasant phone manner, typing ability (data entry), and familiarity with Word and Outlook are required.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Processes check requests for office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Greets visitors
- Answer and disseminate calls
- Open and distribute mail
- Manage conference room reservations and organize all aspects for meetings
- Serve as point person for organizing all large mailings
- Arrange and coordinate meetings for COO, HR Director, and CFO as requested
- Manage COO expense reports
- Update various spreadsheet sheets and other general administrative duties as needed
- Perform duties as assigned by Chief Operating Officer
- High school Diploma
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS
- Good Planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Computer literacy, specifically MS word for windows
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- At least two years of previous experience in office management
- Experience with using databases such as Raiser’s Edge, a plus
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit operations a plus
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
You can download a copy of the Official Job Description in PDF form here. Download