The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship - Fairchester Chapter (NFTE FC) is a 501C-3 organization whose primary goal is to motivate low-income students to stay on a pathway to graduate high school on time coupled with a vision for future success and economic independence. NFTE bridges the opportunity gap by providing entrepreneurship and career awareness education that encourages economically disadvantaged students to innovate, create and recognize the opportunities that a good education offers. NFTE is celebrating its 25th year of providing high quality entrepreneurship education programs to low-income schools and students.
Location:NFTE FC, 70 West Red Oak Lane, White Plains, NY 10604
The Development Director serves as lead strategist for the organization’s fund development, and in collaboration with the Executive Director, helps to create and implement a multi-year blueprint for increasing revenue which supports program and revenue growth in the next three years. Key components of the fund development program include: donor acquisition and stewardship; an annual giving program; major gifts from individuals; corporate and foundation giving; grant writing and event planning. Primary activities include: prospect research; donor cultivation and stewardship; building strategic partnerships and gift and grant management. The Development Director works closely with all members of the NFTE FC program team and the headquarters development staff. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter to take a non-profit organization with an excellent reputation in the community to the next level of prominence and sustainability.
- Set and achieve multi-year and annual agency revenue goals in collaboration with Executive Director and Development Committee of NFTE FC Advisory Board
- Support the development and implementation of strategic planning for the region
- Support the ED in promoting the organization and cultivating new relationships with individual, corporate and foundations prospects
- Write, submit, and prepare follow-up reports for 20+ grants per year, new and renewals, (Federal, State, County, Corporate and Foundations) including budgets and financials.
- Develop and implement a written plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding 5 – 10 individual, foundation and corporate potential donors capable of giving $25,000 - $50,000 and more over time.
- Develop and implement a written plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding 100+ potential donors capable of giving $1,000 to $25,000 annually
- Implement Direct Mail Annual Appeals
- Prepare analysis on budgets, revenue projections and all Development reports for Board, HQ and NFTE FC
- Initiate and assist in the coordination and preparation of fundraising and cultivation events
- Creates and implements a communications and promotional plan for the agency
- Creates office systems to support all Development projects and operations
- Supervise development interns, as needed
- Participate in headquarters and local program, strategy and regular staff meetings; attend all Board meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years progressively responsible experience as Development Director, preferably in an education or community based non-profit
- Knowledge of the fundraising community in Westchester and Fairfield Counties, a plus
- Proven track record as a successful grant writer
- Proven track record with donor cultivation and stewardship
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, administrators and diverse stakeholders
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Enthusiasm for youth development, education and entrepreneurship
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Experience with special events and marketing a plus
Status: Exempt; Full-time; Reports to the Executive Director
Compensation:Competitive; Comprehensive Benefits
Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with NFTE FC Development Director in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. NFTE is an Equal Opportunity Employee