Have you launched successful business? Have you driven growth in a mission-based organization? Are you aware of that the youth unemployment rate rose by more than 10% in 2013 alone? Are you now looking for the right way to share your experience? Do you have an interest in sparking innovation in kids across the Bay Area? The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship may have the right role for you.
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is searching for an experienced entrepreneur to grow our Bay Area region. At NFTE, our leaders inspire. As an Executive Director, you can share your experience to make a difference in the lives of high school and middle school students throughout the Bay Area. You’ll join a dynamic, charismatic, passionate team of professionals that are committed to their jobs because they are committed to the success of their students. Just like when you launched your business, every day is fast, and every day is different.
In the Executive Director role you will spearhead all functions of the office; you’ll lead efforts to deliver on our mission of delivering highly experiential academic programs that inspire young people from low income communities to recognize opportunities and plan for successful futures. In this capacity, you’ll create, oversee, and implement the business plan; you’ll train and develop the team you surround yourself with; you’ll build upon existing relationships and create new ones. The Bay Area is at the crossroads of education and entrepreneurship. In this role you will get to apply your entrepreneurial experience to deliver a top-notch educational experience to the kids who need it most.
- Provide strategy and leadership to network with other entrepreneurs, tech companies, and schools throughout the Bay Area.
- Develop and serve as chief liaison to an Advisory Board comprised of civic, business, and education leaders from the community, whose mission is to support fundraising and outreach efforts for the local program office.
- Take the lead in growing NFTE strategically in the Bay Area by expanding scope of services and increasing partnerships, just as you did when you were starting your business.
- Connect with headquarters to ensure that the Bay Area office successfully delivers a high-quality entrepreneurial experience to every student.
- Manage a team of program and development staff to be successful in raising funds for and delivering our program in the Bay Area.
- Implement nationally led strategies and practices for measuring program value and impact, and performance improvement.
- Set and manage communications strategy and brand consistency, including serving as the primary contact person for all local media and public relations matters. Generate awareness and support for NFTE through periodic cultivation events and communication efforts.
- Successfully built your own business from the ground up and grew it year over year. Preferably a business of $500k of gross sales or more.
- Passion and commitment to translate your business experience into a life-changing educational experience for kids across the Bay Area.