Senior Director, Communications
The Senior Director of Communications works side by side with the CMDO to set and guide the overall vision and strategy for all communications, Web site, digital/social media, and public relations, and oversees the creation of collateral to consistently articulate NFTE’s mission and enhance NFTE’s image and position. The Director ensures that NFTE is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within its diverse network and constituent base.
The Director works closely with NFTE executive leaders and is the primary communications partner on a variety of organizational initiatives including thought leadership, development and learning & innovation initiatives. The Director manages and provides strategic direction to a team including: Digital Communications Manager, Communications Associate, Media Relations Specialist, Communications Intern and various vendors across the areas of responsibility.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a driven, creative and highly productive communications professional to lead new team during a period in which the organization is focusing on visibility and brand awareness.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across NFTE’s audiences to achieve strategic and operational objectives;
- Articulate NFTE’s desired image and position, and assure consistent communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external;
- Develop and monitor annual budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program;
- Cultivate and build relationships with members media companies;
- Coordinate communications strategy around strategic initiatives, issues, and events;
- Develop story ideas on a variety of organizational initiatives;
- Manage editorial calendar and content development process for all channels of public communication;
- Manage the development, distribution, maintenance and archiving of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, annual report, press releases, marketing collateral, Web site, and digital/social media channels;
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action;
- Coordinate Web site maintenance, ensure that new and consistent information (links, stories, events, etc.) is posted regularly;
- Manage relationships and develop systems to work efficiently and effectively with external design, Web, photography, videography, media, and marketing consultants;
- Manage photo and video shoots for promotion and marketing;
- Develop talking points and statements for dissemination to staff, media, and the public;
- Coordinate communications and media training as needed for staff and NFTE alumni representatives;
- Develop and implement marketing and communications reporting structure across all relevant strategies and channels- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote, and guide direct reports.
Six years of progressively responsible experience in a communications capacity. Superior writing skills. Significant experience in developing compelling storylines and narratives to bring an organization’s mission to life. Creativity, ingenuity and innovation will be key to success in this role.
NFTE is committed to diversity in the workplace.