The Vice President of Research and Evaluation will develop and manage an innovative research and evaluation strategy focused on obtaining evidence on the effectiveness of NFTE’s programs. Specifically, the VP of Research and Evaluation will oversee the design of research efforts, to include internal assessment and data collection efforts and external evaluation projects. The VP of Research and Evaluation will also manage the validation of a new tool to assess entrepreneurial characteristics. In addition, the VP of Research and Evaluation with lead efforts to obtain evidence about the effectiveness of NFTE programs and drive continuous improvement; supervise and contribute to internal evaluation and data collection efforts; coordinate external research and evaluation projects; and help to translate findings into organizational learning.
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. NFTE, through 11 program offices and global partners, provides programs that inspire young people from low-income communities to stay in school, to recognize business opportunities and to plan for successful futures.
NFTE is implementing a transformation strategy designed to greatly increase the impact and scale of our work domestically and internationally.
- Create and manage the organization’s research and evaluation strategy.
- Identify and validate NFTE’s areas of impact in youth entrepreneurship, youth development, academic performance and other impact goals as determined.
- Manage a research and evaluation effort to oversee systematic data collection across NFTE’s national and international sites, from students, teachers, program staff and other stakeholders, including but not limited to MIS data, student pre and post surveys, teacher surveys and logs, and teacher business plan rubric ratings.
- With internal stakeholders, plan strategic agenda for answering questions that will help strengthen NFTE’s programs and work with staff to maximize utilization of information at the national and local levels.
- Coordinate and oversee external studies, working with external contractors on all phases of the projects (e.g. study direction, samples, timelines, budget, and reporting needs.) Coordinate RFP processes as needed to obtain external contractors. Coordinate meetings and serve as liaison with other NFTE staff, advisors, and project funders.
- Prepare grant proposals to secure funding for research and evaluation.
- Create and implement research analysis plans for internal data systems, including both quantitative and qualitative data. Create, adapt, and implement user-friendly reporting mechanisms. Design and implement additional instruments and data collection systems as needed.
- Prepare written reports and summaries of internal and external research and evaluation findings for various audiences. Prepare white papers and research documents for external dissemination. Develop and oversee research dissemination plan.
- Provide technical support for sustaining and building site capacity for data collection, evaluation and appropriate and effective use of findings.
- Represent NFTE where needed and participate in NFTE activities as required, make presentations to internal and external audiences, explain and build support for evaluation, review and manage external requests for carrying out research at NFTE.
- Plan and manage department budget effectively. Create short- and long-term strategic plan for the department that is in line with NFTE’s goals.
- Advanced degree with substantial experience in applied research/program evaluation.
- Over eight years of professional experience, with at least four years working in research and evaluation.
- Experience supervising others, managing a department or major projects, collaborating with others, and working with external consultants and organizations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
- Knowledge of and experience with organizational learning.
- Experience managing and writing grants.
- Interest in and commitment to entrepreneurial education for adolescents
- Ability to provide innovative leadership.
- Excellent writing, communications, interpersonal, organizational, and management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work in fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
Position reports to the NFTE Chief Learning Officer.
Salary: Competitive. Comprehensive benefits. No relocation expenses will be provided.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with VP, Research in the subject line.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.