The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) with global headquarters based in New York City, is seeking a Program Manager in its Baltimore Office.
A Program Manager of NFTE is responsible for promoting, implementing, and supporting NFTE’s experiential curriculum and quality, successful youth entrepreneurship in-school programs. This is achieved by developing relationships with educators, including principals, teachers and volunteers and collaborating with NFTE staff. It is also expected that the Program Manager will work directly with low-income and minority youth through the in-school programs and summer BizCamps, in addition to participating in necessary fundraising activities. Program Managers must also initiate programs that recognize and respond to both new and experienced NFTE teachers.
- Implement regional support services for NFTE-trained teachers to build their business knowledge and skills in teaching entrepreneurship experientially.
- Research, package and disseminate entrepreneurship and teaching resources
- Conduct regular program site visits to meet with NFTE-trained teachers to provide direct support to sites
- Coordinate teacher meetings, facilitating best-practices sharing among NFTE-trained teachers
- Act as an instructional coach and mentor to teachers helping to develop pacing guides and lesson plans and deliver the NFTE curriculum
- Coordinate with Program Director to develop improvement plans for teacher effectiveness to ensure the highest quality teaching occurs
- Assist with the development of teacher trainings and workshops to support and improve teacher effectiveness
- Work with school’s administration and teachers to build and grow the NFTE program quality and consistency.
- Utilize tools to track program and teacher performance and evaluation and document qualitative and quantitative program features.
- Maintain individual NFTE program information in TEAMS, NFTE’s online tool that facilitates communication between NFTE and program sites and enables tracking of results and documentation of program progress
- Manage program logistics such as teacher advances, stipends, and program implementation status.
- Collect and track all program information and expenses, and prepare information for internal and external reporting.
- Oversee program budget allocations, organize site visits, create program reports and identify funding needs.
- Identify and meet with administrators and teachers at potential new program sites to discuss and grow the NFTE program
- Collaborate with the NFTE Volunteer Services to coordinate the interaction between volunteers and students both in and outside of the classroom.
- Coordinate Alumni Services for the Baltimore program office, including registration of students on the NFTE alumni website.
- Collaborate with the NFTE Alumni Services to refer students to post-NFTE program business support services.
- Collaborate with headquarters and program offices to capture and share best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree a plus.
- At least 3 years experience in a school environment as a teacher and/or previous experience working with teachers is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to interact effectively with various constituents including school administrators, teachers and Baltimore City Public Schools staff
- A demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically to build new NFTE program sites
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display leadership and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple projects.
- High standards of excellence and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong passion for improving public schools and for increasing the opportunities for low-income students
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail orientation required
- Strategic planning and implementation as well as project management experience.
- Familiarity with business concepts.
- Customer service orientation desirable.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity
Status: Exempt; Full-time; Reports to the Executive Director
Compensation: Competitive; Comprehensive Benefits
Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with NFTE Baltimore Program Manager in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. NFTE is an Equal Opportunity Employee