NFTE Bay Area seeks a highly motivated and effective self-starter to join us in creating significant change for Bay Area youth. The Director of Development is a key member of our leadership team responsible for setting development strategy and ensuring achievement of NFTE Bay Area’s fundraising goals. He/she will channel a love for creating community and passion for creating transformative change to help nurture and grow our corps of committed donors, partners and supporters.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing long- and short-term fundraising strategies and collaborating with the Executive Director to set the strategic vision and ensure that the office meets all of its annual goals. Activities include researching individual, foundation, and corporate prospects; writing grant proposals; soliciting sponsors, cultivating and stewarding donors; building strategic partnerships; assisting with relationships with Advisory Board members, Board Committees and E Council; overseeing program evaluation for restricted grants; and planning and executing fundraising events. Additionally, the Director of Development will also help with capacity building initiatives to build a stronger foundation and create new growth opportunities for our program office. In addition to being a fantastic fund developer, this person will bring an entrepreneurial spirit to his/her work and be an integral part of a team working hard to achieve ambitious and impactful change in our community.
QUALIFICATIONS and CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5- 8 years of prior experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- A natural connector and organizer with a love for creating community and a passion for helping people make a difference.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of over $1M annually
- Demonstrated success with a variety of fund development strategies including mail/email appeals, special events, individual donor development, major gifts, and foundation/corporate/government grant programs.
- Outstanding communication skills. Phenomenal written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and steward relationships with proven management skills.
- Adept at tailoring communication to a variety of stakeholders. Excellent listening skills.
- Self-starter who understands the value of teamwork and sees own contribution in the context of the team/organization.
- Irrepressible attention to detail with an eye for systems development.
- Problem-solver who turns challenges into opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic planning.
- Fantastic partnership-building and event planning skills.
- Fluency in Raiser’s Edge preferred.