Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
NFTE offers a highly experiential and academic program that inspires young people from low-income communities to recognize opportunity and plan for successful futures as they learn the skills and mindset of entrepreneurship. We do this by training public school teachers, providing a rigorous curriculum, and then helping bring that curriculum to life through hands-on learning and opportunities to meet volunteers. By the end of the program, each student has created an original business plan. This school year we expect to directly serve more than 16,000 students across the U.S. We operate 11 program offices, with our headquarters in New York.
The Research Analyst is a new position on NFTE’s Learning and Innovation team and will play a critical role as NFTE begins a new process of evaluating its programs and their performance. This role is a unique opportunity for someone looking for more experience in conducting original research with survey, assessment and other types of student data. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the VP for Research and Evaluation in the development, design and execution of internal research on program implementation
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of program data
- Compile research and evaluation reports for senior staff and consultants
- Help prepare proposals for foundations and other funding agencies
- Support the collection of program data through the Salesforce.com data platform
- Draft talking points, prepare meeting notes and perform other administrative tasks
The Research Analyst will report directly to the Vice President for Research and Evaluation and work closely with other staff as needed, including the eleven Program Managers in NFTE’s domestic program offices.
- Passion for NFTE’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, economics, public policy or a related field plus at least 2-3 years experience working in a research or a public policy setting
- Basic statistical analytic skills using a statistical package (SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
- MS office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of key issues in education policy and leading topics in education research
- Strong oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and very organized
- Comfort working collaboratively with a team and independently
- Flexibility and openness to working on different tasks
- Master’s degree in education policy, social sciences, economics, or business
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is highly desirable
- Working with programs or research on youth entrepreneurship
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data in Excel (including VLOOKUP and PIVOT TABLES) is a plus
NFTE is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Visit our website, www.nfte.com for more information.