The Director of Development is responsible for assisting the NFTE Program Office Executive Director in the development and implementation of long- and short-term fundraising strategies to help the organization meet its annual goals.
Primary fundraising activities include researching individual, foundation and corporate prospects, writing proposals, soliciting sponsors, submitting financial reports, planning and executing small and large fundraising events and maintaining a timely calendar. The Development Director will work closely with members of the program office and headquarters development team.
- Assist in development and implementation of the program office fundraising plan: including research of funding sources and building strategy.
- Serve as a NFTE “sales person” to promote the organization and cultivate relationships with new, prospective donors (individuals, corporations, and foundations).
- Arrange and attend in-person meetings with donors and key stakeholders.
- Write, submit, track and follow-up proposals and requests in an effort to raise funds for a variety of areas within the organization, including specific program support and general operating support.
- Conduct spreadsheet analysis on budgets and revenue projections, as well as financial reports to donors.
- Assist the Executive Director with board development and training.
- Accountable for all donor relations and fundraising goals.
- Build and maintain accurate records.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of electronic communication.
- Participate in headquarters and local program, strategy, and regular staff meetings, as needed.
- Assist with public relations (marketing and media) for key events and programs.
- Conceive, plan and execute small cultivation/fundraising events throughout the year, as well as conceive, plan and execute one major fundraiser (gala) each year.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of four years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with building and enhancing relationships with corporations and foundations.
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership qualities and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Essential to have worked in special events, marketing background a plus.
- Experience in working with small non-profits and/or youth development and education organizations a plus.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
The Development Director position is full time, this is not a telecommuting position, and it reports to the Executive Director of NFTE Baltimore
Salary: Competitive. Execellent benefits .
Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with Baltimore Director of Development in the subject line.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability. The Company is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination in all areas of employment, and the Company will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes pertaining to employment.
NFTE is not required to sponsor individual work visas.