NFTE South Florida seeks an intern who will be responsible for identifying new donors to create sustainable sources of revenue, which in non-profits is one of the most challenging activities to manage.
- A Development Intern will be charged with assessing the landscape, and researching donors to help support the organization.
- In addition to research, a Development Intern will assist the Executive Director in writing grant proposals and acknowledgements, reporting, and tracking of gifts and participation.
- New funding prospects are the lifeblood of any nonprofit. In depth research is needed to match new prospects to NFTE opportunities. Research would be conducted against a number of variables including industry, geography, social issue interest, individual interest and corporate interest.
- This year, NFTE is launching a fundraising and public awareness campaign called Back to School, Back to Business. It is designed to bring annual resources to bear on our programs at the start of the school year and to broaden the base of support and awareness of NFTE. Duties could include workplan management, partner relations (especially media), materials production and stewardship activities.
- NFTE is seeking to build a donor centered development culture. To do this a strong stewardship program is paramount. Strong stewardship programs include regular, varied and segmented communication to our audiences. The program needs ongoing management, as well as continuous evolution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with South Florida Development Intern in the subject line.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability. The Company is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination in all areas of employment, and the Company will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes pertaining to employment.
NFTE is not required to sponsor individual work visas.