NEW YORK, NY (December 5, 2024) – Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), a global entrepreneurship education nonprofit, is pleased to announce the addition of five American Student Assistance ® (ASA) board members to the NFTE Board of Directors. This comes after last month’s announcement of ASA and NFTE’s strategic alliance to enhance access to entrepreneurship education for youth in under-resourced communities.
As of Dec. 5, the following ASA members also serve on NFTE’s board: Jean Eddy, CEO & President of ASA; Carol Fulp, Founder & CEO of Fulp Diversity, LLC; Lawrence Gennari, Partner of Gennari Aronson, LLP; Kenneth M. Jones, Sr. Vice President and COO/Chief Equity Officer at the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation; and Carla Thompson Payton, VP for Program Strategy at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
“We are thrilled to welcome these new members to the NFTE board as part of our growing strategic alliance with ASA,” said NFTE CEO Dr. J.D. LaRock, who concurrently serves on the ASA and NFTE boards. “Their diverse backgrounds and expertise will greatly enhance our ability to empower the next generation of diverse entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial leaders.”
Also new to the NFTE board in 2023 are Charles Jacobson, Partner at CFGI, LLC, who joined on Dec. 5, and David Wellisch, CEO & Co-Founder of the Collage Group, who began serving on Oct. 15. The NFTE board further includes Board Chair Michael J. Kacsmar, Partner at EY; Patricia Alper, President of The Alper Portfolio Group; Tony Frazier, Corporate Board Member and Former Executive Vice President at Maxar Technologies; Kyle Garman, Sr. Vice President, Global Business Development at SAP SE; Pamela Habner, CEO of U.S. Branded Cards & Lending at Citi; Alexis Jeffries, Adjunct Professor at USC Marshall School of Business; Sandra Rosa, Chief HR Officer at Syniverse; Anthony Salcito, Chief Institution Business Officer at Nerdy; and Tucker York, Global Head, Goldman Sachs Wealth Management at Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC.
“The addition of these exceptional leaders to our board further strengthens NFTE’s commitment to providing young people from underserved communities with the tools and resources they need to thrive. We look forward to their valuable contributions,” said Kacsmar.
New Members (Serving on the ASA and NFTE Boards):
- Eddy, a visionary leader, has transformed ASA’s focus from college financing and repayment options to helping students discover their potential career paths earlier in their education journey. Eddy’s expertise will be invaluable in guiding NFTE’s efforts to equip young people with the skills and mindset needed to succeed in the ever-evolving business landscape.
- Fulp, a staunch advocate for diversity and inclusion, will contribute her extensive knowledge to advance NFTE’s commitment to fostering an inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem. Through her consultancy, Fulp Diversity, LLC, Fulp has been instrumental in promoting the value of racial and ethnic diversity in contemporary companies and organizations.
- Gennari, a seasoned corporate and transactional lawyer, brings a wealth of legal expertise to the NFTE board. As a co-founder of Gennari Aronson, LLP, Gennari has provided strategic counsel to public and private companies, entrepreneurs, investors, executives, and board members across various industries.
- Jones, as COO and Chief Equity Officer at the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, oversees critical functions that drive the Foundation’s mission. Jones’s extensive experience in finance, accounting, grants management, and administrative services will be invaluable in ensuring NFTE’s financial sustainability and operational efficiency.
- Payton, with her dedication to promoting thriving children, working families, and equitable communities, will contribute her strategic insights to NFTE’s program strategy. As the VP for Program Strategy at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Payton has been instrumental in supporting initiatives that create positive social impact.
For media inquiries, please contact Angelika Seaman, 603-504-8554, or Denise Berkhalter, APR, 917-281-4362, at [email protected].
About Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship NFTE
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) ignites the entrepreneurial mindset with unique learning experiences that empower students to own their futures. A global nonprofit founded in 1987, NFTE provides high-quality entrepreneurship education to middle school, high school and postsecondary students. NFTE brings the power of entrepreneurship to students, regardless of family income, community resources, special needs, gender identity, race, or ethnicity. NFTE has educated more than a million students, delivering our programs in school, out of school, in-person, online, or through hybrid models. Visit nfte.com to learn more.
About American Student Assistance® (ASA)
American Student Assistance® (ASA) is a national nonprofit changing the way kids learn about careers and navigate a path to postsecondary education and career success. ASA believes all students should have equitable access to career readiness learning, starting in middle school, so they will be equipped to make informed, confident decisions about their futures. ASA fulfills its mission by providing free digital-first experiences, including Futurescape® and Next Voice™, and EvolveMe™, directly to millions of students, and through impact investing and philanthropic support for educators, intermediaries, and others. To learn more about ASA, visit www.asa.org/about-asa.