In Los Angeles, NFTE currently works with 42 teachers and youth development professionals to reach over 2,000 middle school and high school students with our in-depth, award-winning entrepreneurship program. Students participate in a 65 hour minimum NFTE curriculum (led by a NFTE Teacher and overseen by NFTE Program Staff) either as a class during the school day, as an out-of-school-time program, or as a summer immersion program.
The NFTE Greater Los Angeles Program Manager is responsible for assisting to support our roster of 42 active NFTE teachers in developing and implementing our youth entrepreneurship programs. The Program Manager will work in tandem with our Program Director to troubleshoot program implementation, manage volunteers, develop our alumni program, create large-scale business plan competition events and further local relationships and partnerships to benefit our program goals.
Program Manager Responsibilities
Program Implementation and Support
The Program Manager is responsible for taking on case load of programs and providing ongoing teacher support:
- Work with program site’s administration to ensure program support.
- Conduct frequent school site visits.
- Provide individual teacher support via in-person, phone and email consultation.
- Conduct outreach and maintain communication with new teacher candidates.
- Analyze student outcomes and teacher performance while implementing initiatives to improve program and teacher performance.
- Manage three levels of business plan competitions: (1) classroom (2) semi-final (3) regional and ensure quality and consistency amongst each of the levels.
The Program Manager is responsible for conducting our volunteer management efforts:
- Create and manage list of volunteer opportunities over the course of the school year.
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate volunteer opportunities related to Adopt-a-Class matches with corporations and strategic partners.
- Manage a Volunteer Coordinator who is charged with volunteer training, placement, and appreciation.
- Assist in cultivating volunteers to become future financial supporters.
The Program Manager will build and maintain our Alumni Program:
- Communicate with NFTE program graduates to develop on-going alumni supports and opportunities.
- Organize coaching and mentoring opportunities for top students pursuing their businesses.
- Create a calendar of alumni meetings over the schools year with relevant content to assist students in taking their business plans to the next level.
The Program Manager will:
- Input and monitor data through Salesforce.
- Track program and evaluation data and keep teachers informed of their progress.
- Document qualitative and quantitative program features for reporting and development purposes.
- Process teacher and student fund requests.
- Participate with national program initiatives and represent the Los Angeles office in program and alumni related collaborations and best practice sharing with other NFTE offices.
- Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in business, education or social welfare is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a school environment as a teacher and/or previous experience working with teachers is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to interact effectively with various constituents including teachers, school administrators, and district staff.
- A demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically to build new NFTE program sites.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display leadership and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple projects.
- High standards of excellence and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong passion for improving public schools and for increasing the opportunities for low-income students.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail orientation required.
- Strategic planning and implementation as well as project management experience.
- Familiarity with business concepts.
- Customer service orientation desirable.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required, as Program Manager is frequently at school sites and regularly visiting with multiple teachers each week. Mileage reimbursement provided.
The Program Manager position is full-time and reports to the Program Director.
Salary: Competitive. Comprehensive benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with LA Program Manager in the subject line.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability. The Company is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination in all areas of employment, and the Company will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes pertaining to employment.
NFTE is not required to sponsor individual work visas.