We invite exceptional candidates to consider joining us in our work to improve South Florida youth entrepreneurship programs and opportunities. The work is fun, creative and challenging all at the same time, and the rewards of working with Miami’s diverse communities and cultures are wonderful.
Candidates must apply by December 20th, 2011. Accepted applicant will begin employment in February 2012 and must commit to a year of service.
The VISTA will be part of the NFTE South Florida Program team, working alongside the Executive Director and under the direction of the Program Director for Instructional Services. The goal of the VISTA’s work is to enrich NFTE students’ entrepreneurial education by creating linkages to the business community, first developing a plan and recruiting volunteers who will serve in low-income classrooms as business mentors, business speakers, and judge NFTE’s business plan competitions. She/he will further identify volunteers who are potential donors for the organization.
VISTA will help the NFTE South Florida Program Team will:
- Work with NFTE Advisory Council, Board and Staff to conduct meetings and gather strategies to develop a community volunteer action plan.
- Develop and document a volunteer recruitment and management plan for generating community and corporate volunteers.
- Implement community volunteer generation plan recruiting new community volunteers which includes presentations and mailing to community and corporate groups.
- Identify and help implement strategies for attracting corporate volunteers with potential to assist in fundraising efforts.
- Develop a volunteer recruitment and management systems manual that documents and evaluates activities that were effective in recruiting and maintaining volunteers and potential donors.
- Develop a resource database to include entrepreneurial education funding contacts and organizations.
- Must have a four-year bachelors degree.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to entrepreneurship and youth development.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to NFTE’s mission and goals.
- Passion for improving public schools and increasing opportunities for low-income students.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail orientation required.
- Experience working in schools and/ or in a professional environment, such as nonprofit, communications, public relations or event planning is desirable.
- Outgoing personality that enjoys meeting people, networking and exploring new opportunities.
- The ability to work well on a team, learn from co-workers and work in a professional office environment.
- The ability to work at least 40 hours per week, with the interest in working more when project work requires.
- Experience doing volunteer work.
- Has access to a car and can drive.
- Proficiency with MS OFFICE applications.
- Experience in organizing and working with database and management systems preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with high-level executives and represent NFTE when meeting with partner organizations.
- Project management experience, with volunteer management and/ or event planning experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Position will comply with all AmeriCorps VISTA benefits and stipend rules: www.vistacampus.org.
How to apply: Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with VISTA Volunteer/Resources Development Coordinator in the subject line. Accepted applicants will need to register through the AmeriCorps portal: my.americorps.gov