NFTE Program Manager, HQ
Reports to Senior Director of Learning, Programs
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. NFTE’s mission is to provide entrepreneurship programs that inspire young people from low-income communities to stay in school, to recognize business opportunities and to plan for successful futures. NFTE improves the quality of life for the low-income youth we serve, positively changing their attitudes and knowledge about opportunity, and empowering them to reach their potential and lead productive lives.
NFTE is widely viewed as a global leader in youth entrepreneurship, with programs in 21 states and 9 foreign countries. Since 1987, NFTE has served more than 350,000 young people worldwide. We implement programs using a leveraged model, partnering directly with public schools and school districts in which at least 50% of students are eligible for free and reduced lunch (FARL). The NFTE program is integrated into the school curriculum, either as a stand-alone course or as modules in economics, math, or other relevant subjects. The culminating experience entails each student creating an original business plan and presenting it before a panel of judges to compete for seed capital.
NFTE’s strategy for achieving this mission is to form partnerships with schools, create innovative experiential curricula, train and support local teachers, and provide supportive volunteer and alumni services.
The Program Manager supports the current domestic licensees, implements and supports growth opportunities for NFTE. S/he is responsible for executing programs and developing strategies for special projects surrounding domestic licensee projects. S/he is responsible for developing and executing projects in support of NFTE’s mission and in alignment with grant agreements. Preference will be given to candidates in the New York and Chicago Metro areas.
- Liaise with major corporate and foundation sponsors with relation to program implementation and provide summaries and reports for projects as required by the funder.
- Liaise with supporters to provide project updates and oversee implementation in select markets.
- Oversee implementation of Innovation Day across all markets and direct implementation in select markets.
- Review of top three licensed partners, provide report on program and development best practices to inform program team.
- Liaise with domestic licensed partners and new US markets regarding roll-out of new/strategic program initiatives & provide ongoing support.
- Experience in education or non-profit work, interest in business and entrepreneurship
- Ability to communicate consistently and effectively remotely with manager and clients
- Demonstrated problem solving and project managing experience
- Experience in working with technology and data systems
- Strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Solid budgeting skills
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, detail-oriented and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good and sound judgment; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Highly skilled in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
The Program Manager will report to the Senior Director of Learning and Innovation.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.