Official Job Description
NFTE, the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship with global headquarters based in New York City, is seeking a Part-Time Program Manager for its South Florida Miami Office.
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship's mission is to provide programs that inspire young people from low-income communities to stay in school, to recognize business opportunities and to plan for successful futures. For more information about NFTE, visit www.nfte.com.
The NFTE South Florida Program Manager is responsible for assisting to support approximately 10 NFTE schools. The Part-Time Program Manager will work in tandem with our Program Director by promoting, implementing, and supporting NFTE’s experiential curriculum and quality, successful youth entrepreneurship in-school programs. This is achieved by visiting schools and developing relationships with educators, including principals, teachers and volunteers and collaborating with NFTE staff. It is also expected that the Program Manager will work directly with low-income and minority youth through the in-school programs and summer BizCamps, in addition to participating in necessary fundraising activities. Program Managers must also initiate programs that recognize and respond to both new and experienced NFTE teachers.
- Implement regional support services for NFTE-trained teachers to build their business knowledge and skills in teaching career exploration and entrepreneurship experientially.
- Research, package and disseminate entrepreneurship and teaching resources
- Conduct regular program site visits to meet with NFTE-trained teachers to provide direct support to sites
- Coordinate teacher meetings, facilitating best-practices sharing among NFTE-trained teachers
- Act as an instructional coach and mentor to teachers helping to develop pacing guides and lesson plans and deliver the NFTE curriculum
- Collaborate with Program Director on NFTE U training and planning/implementing summer/out-of-school experiences
- Assist with the development of teacher trainings and workshops to support and improve teacher effectiveness
- Coordinate all aspects of the student experiential curriculum including virtual and wholesale field trips, Expos, teacher implementation and documentation
- Work with school’s administration and teachers to build and grow the NFTE program quality and consistency.
- Assist teachers and students with NFTE business plan development, school competition coordination, and recruitment of mentors and judges
- Track program and evaluation data using tools such as Salesforce and keep teachers informed of their progress
- Analyze student outcomes and teacher performance while implementing initiatives to improve program quality
- Maintain individual NFTE program information in school summary logs and data collection trackers, creating a consistent process of tracking results and documentation of program progress and success
- Manage program logistics such as school grants, stipends, and program implementation status.
- Identify and meet with administrators and teachers at potential new program sites to discuss and grow the NFTE program
- Collaborate with the NFTE Staff to coordinate the interaction between volunteers and students both in and outside of the classroom.
- Collaborate with the NFTE Staff to refer alumni students to post-NFTE program business support services.
- Collaborate with headquarters and program offices to capture and share best practices.
- Assist in the design and implementation of Start Up Summer Bizcamp for NFTE alumni to further develop business ideas conceived during their core NFTE class
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree a plus.
- At least 3 years experience in a school environment as a teacher and/or previous experience working with teachers is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to interact effectively with various constituents including school administrators, teachers and school district staff
- A demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically to build new NFTE program sites
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display leadership and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple projects.
- High standards of excellence and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong passion for improving public schools and for increasing the opportunities for low-income students
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required, as Program Manager is frequently at school sites and regularly visiting with multiple teachers each week. Mileage reimbursement provided
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail orientation required
- Strategic planning and implementation as well as project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with business concepts.
- Customer service orientation desirable.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
The Program Manager position is part-time and reports to the Executive Director.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "SF Program Manager, Part-Time" in the subject line.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.