For 36 years, the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) has brought the power of entrepreneurship to students wherever they are and regardless of gender identity, race, ethnicity, family income or special needs.
We are aware of recent travel advisories issued by several organizations and take seriously suggestions for cautious travel to the state of Florida. We must also consider the thousands of young people and hundreds of educators we serve there. NFTE stands steadfast for inclusion and equity alongside our BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ educators, students, staff, and volunteers. We do so while not abandoning our purpose – providing equitable access to entrepreneurship education.
To that end, we’re taking the following measures for participants in our 2023 NFTE5 Entrepreneurial Education Summit:
- Amplifying our discussion of equity and community empowerment to become a part of the solution.
- Implementing steps to make attendees feel safe, welcome, and valued – particularly local educators who count on professional development opportunities and staff who are invested in supporting these teachers.
- Honoring and respecting anyone who wishes to explore alternative methods for participation (more to come on this soon).
- Honoring and respecting anyone who chooses not to participate this year (registrants can check their email for details).
- Pressing forward with our shared mission – igniting the entrepreneurial mindset with unique learning experiences that empower students to own their futures.
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) ignites the entrepreneurial mindset with unique learning experiences that empower students to own their futures. A global nonprofit founded in 1987, NFTE provides high-quality entrepreneurship education to middle school, high school and postsecondary students. NFTE brings the power of entrepreneurship to students, regardless of family income, community resources, special needs, gender identity, race, or ethnicity. NFTE has educated more than a million students, delivering our programs in school, out of school, in-person, online, or through hybrid models. Visit nfte.com to learn more.